Student Work from Korea on display in the Main Entrance!
We are honoured to host an exhibition of the MA and PhD work of some students from Konkuk University, in South Korea. The exhibition as curated and titled “Apparel Body Construct“, or “ABC“. The works are on display until today, so please go and see what they have brought to show us. To sum it up in one word: TEXTURE. Two words? TEXTURE PARTY. There are some very cool things happening on these body forms. Layers upon layers on surface design mixed with all varieties of techniques, playing with material and form. I don’t think any of them used very much traditional textile material (woven, with a grain, bought at a fabric shop, etc.). They are on display in the Main Entrance Exhibition Space until TODAY, Decmber 6th, 2013, so please take a detour on your way home and have a drool!
- South Korea’s dreaded college entrance exam is the stuff of high school nightmares, but is it producing “robots”? (cbsnews.com)
- Why you will be in love with Seoul (talesofatravelleress.wordpress.com)
- Korean Design – Developing a Design Culture (huffingtonpost.com)
- South Korean=Beauty and Fashion？ (angelayin28.wordpress.com)
- to those of you actually interested in checking out south korea (dementedstranger.wordpress.com)
- Korean Celebrity Inspired Wants: Ridiculous Hats (rarapop.wordpress.com)
- Korean Dress Shopping Online at Fashion To Any (kdolkorea.wordpress.com)
- Korean Film Festivals (kdolkorea.wordpress.com)
- My sister’s Korean Winter Fashion (japanesestylemusingsfromlocalstyleseekers.wordpress.com)